The Clinton School is joining Simmons Bank on Friday May 19 for a day-long conference: “The Arkansas Delta: Why It Still Matters.” The conference will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pine Bluff Convention Center, and Governor Asa Hutchinson and George Makris, CEO of Simmons Bank, will be among the speakers.
Registration is now open at www.simmonsbank.com/delta. There is no registration fee but advance registration is required.
- Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Randy Zook, Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Preston, Arkansas Economic Development Commission
- Rodney Slater, former U.S. Transportation Secretary
- Dr. Laurence Alexander, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Dr. Shane Speights, College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University
- Dr. Fitzgerald Hill, Scott Ford Center for Entrepreneurship and Community Development
- Chris Masingil, the Delta Regional Authority Dear Arkansans,
- Robert Moore Jr., Arkansas Highway Commission
- Dr. Ruth Hawkins, Heritage Sites program at Arkansas State University
- Scott Simon, Nature Conservancy
The future of the Delta region is important to all of Arkansas. The speakers will discuss economic development, education and health care as we plot a new course for the region.
There is no cost to attend the event, but advance reservations are required. Click here to reserve your spot.
*A fried catfish lunch will be served
Date(s) - 05/19/2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pine Bluff Convention Center