Clinton School Program Assessment Plan
In the 2020-21 academic year, the Clinton School assessed its achievement on Learning Goals #1 and #2.
Faculty submitted summary statistics for each course, which were used to calculate average scores for each Learning Outcome. The benchmark to meet was an average score of 80% for each outcome.
Student Learning Goal #1: Students will be proficient in the body of knowledge related to public service
• Learning Outcome 1.1 Students will be familiar with and make connections among the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends relevant to public service.
• Learning Outcome 1.2 Students will understand the complexities of public service work in local, regional, national, and international contexts.
Student Learning Goal #2: Students will facilitate participatory social change that advances social and economic justice
• Learning Outcome 2.1 Students will identify, develop, and/or mobilize resources (e.g., human, social, economic, political, physical, civic, etc.) to facilitate social change.
• Learning Outcome 2.2 Students will understand social change models and how to apply them appropriately.
For more information, please click on the following links:
During the 2021-22 academic year, the school assessed learning goals #3 and #4, collecting grades for each course mapped to those outcomes. The goal was an average score of 80% for each outcome.
Student Learning Goal #3: Students will be proficient in field research
• Outcome 3.1 Students will conceptualize issues to be studied and formulate appropriate research questions.
• Outcome 3.2 Students will apply extant field research to public service work.
• Outcome 3.3 Students will use appropriate information gathering techniques and methods in field research.
• Outcome 3.4 Students will conduct appropriate data analysis.
• Outcome 3.5 Students will critically analyze methods, results, and implications.
Student Learning Goal #4: Students will be proficient in field project work
• Outcome 4.1 Students will design projects using appropriate methods.
• Outcome 4.2 Students will implement an action plan appropriate to the context.
• Outcome 4.3 Students will evaluate the implementation, outcome, and impact of a project.
For the full assessment plans and reports, please click on the following links:
The Clinton School Speaker Series not only enhances the education of Clinton School students, but also provides a venue for the public to engage in intellectual discussions on the issues of the day.